TEC4595644: La Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine, Paris 8th arrondissement. The building lasted nearly a century. Subject to political aleas, it was finally Napoleon Bonaparte 1769-1821) who entrusted Pierre Vignon (1863-1928) with the task of building an ancient temple dedicated to his military glory. Only the Restoration gave back to the Church of Saint Mary Magdalene its religious vocation. / Bridgeman Images
TEC4595816: The door of Meknes on the Place de la Concorde, Paris 8th arrondissement. Plastic intervention by Catherine Feff, during “Le Temps du Maroc” during 1999, Moroccan and French artists reproduced in the spring, on Place de la Concorde, the door of Meknes, in full size, one of the jewels of Moroccan architecture: 3,000 square meters of canvas designed and made in France dress a scaffolding of 40 metres wide, 15 metres high and 25 metres deep. Photography 1999. / Bridgeman Images
TEC4595838: The door of Meknes on the Place de la Concorde, Paris 8th arrondissement. Plastic intervention by Catherine Feff, during “Le Temps du Maroc” during 1999, Moroccan and French artists reproduced in the spring, on Place de la Concorde, the door of Meknes, in full size, one of the jewels of Moroccan architecture: 3,000 square meters of canvas designed and made in France dress a scaffolding of 40 metres wide, 15 metres high and 25 metres deep. Photography 1999. / Bridgeman Images
TEC4595849: The door of Meknes on the Place de la Concorde, Paris 8th arrondissement. Plastic intervention by Catherine Feff, during “Le Temps du Maroc” during 1999, Moroccan and French artists reproduced in the spring, on Place de la Concorde, the door of Meknes, in full size, one of the jewels of Moroccan architecture: 3,000 square meters of canvas designed and made in France dress a scaffolding of 40 metres wide, 15 metres high and 25 metres deep. Photography 1999. / Bridgeman Images
OMG4597028: Place de la Concorde in Paris Designed by Jacques Ange Gabriel (1698-1782) as a French garden, it is one of the most beautiful French squares. The works began in 1755 and the square was inaugurated in 1763 under the name of Place Louis XV, it became the place of the Revolution in 1792 and became the place of capital executions. Louis Philippe (1773-1850) gave it back its current name. In 1836 he called the architect Jakob Hittorff (1792-1867) to redesign the square with the eight statues of the big cities of France and the fountains surrounding the Luxor obelisque. / Bridgeman Images
OMG4597121: Reception room of the Little Palais, for a Sodexho evening. Le PeuPalais Avenue Winston Churchill, Paris 8th arrondissement. The building was built for the 1900 World Exhibition. Today it houses the Musee des Beaux-Arts of the City of Paris, which includes many works of Antiquite in the 19th century, architect Charles Girault (1821-1932). Photography 30/01/07. / Bridgeman Images
OMG4597129: Reception room of the Little Palais, for a Sodexho evening. Le PeuPalais Avenue Winston Churchill, Paris 8th arrondissement. The building was built for the 1900 World Exhibition. Today it houses the Musee des Beaux-Arts of the City of Paris, which includes many works of Antiquite in the 19th century, architect Charles Girault (1821-1932). Photography 30/01/07. / Bridgeman Images
ITR4597224: The Orleans rotunda of Parc Monceau, Paris 8th arrondissement. In 1788, Claude Nicolas Ledoux (1736-1806) closed the park by the Orleans rotunda, a grant office for the farm gate of the Farmers Generaux. The rotunda housed an apartment for Louis Philippe Joseph, Duke of Orleans (1747-1793). / Bridgeman Images
TEC4594679: L'Eglise de La Madeleine, Place de la Madeleine, Paris 8th arrondissement. Its construction lasted nearly a century. Subject to political aleas, it was finally Napoleon (1769-1821) who entrusted Pierre Vignon (1763-1828) with the task of building an ancient temple dedicated to his military glory. Only the Restoration restored its religious vocation to the Church of Sainte Marie Madeleine in 1842, architect Charles Girault (1851-1932). / Bridgeman Images
TEC4594746: Avenue des Champs Elysees, Paris 8th arrondissement. It was Jean Baptiste (Jean-Baptiste) Colbert (1619-1683) who had Andre Le Notre (1613-1700) opened in 1667 an avenue starting from the Tuileries to reach a hill, today called L'Etoile. There's nothing left from that time. Only nineteenth century witnesses remain on the Champs Elysees. Bernard Huet was asked in 1994 to bring back the Champs Elysees in order to restore its prestige to the avenue: the cars were driven from the allees, an underground car park created, the floor covered with grey granite slabs. The promenade aspect was reinforced by the planting of a second row of plane trees and new constraints were defined for signs and windows. / Bridgeman Images
TEC4594757: Avenue des Champs Elysees, Paris 8th arrondissement. It was Jean Baptiste (Jean-Baptiste) Colbert (1619-1683) who had Andre Le Notre (1613-1700) opened in 1667 an avenue starting from the Tuileries to reach a hill, today called L'Etoile. There's nothing left from that time. Only nineteenth century witnesses remain on the Champs Elysees. Bernard Huet was asked in 1994 to bring back the Champs Elysees in order to restore its prestige to the avenue: the cars were driven from the allees, an underground car park created, the floor covered with grey granite slabs. The promenade aspect was reinforced by the planting of a second row of plane trees and new constraints were defined for signs and windows. / Bridgeman Images
TEC4594768: Avenue des Champs Elysees, Paris 8th arrondissement. It was Jean Baptiste (Jean-Baptiste) Colbert (1619-1683) who had Andre Le Notre (1613-1700) opened in 1667 an avenue starting from the Tuileries to reach a hill, today called L'Etoile. There's nothing left from that time. Only nineteenth century witnesses remain on the Champs Elysees. Bernard Huet was asked in 1994 to bring back the Champs Elysees in order to restore its prestige to the avenue: the cars were driven from the allees, an underground car park created, the floor covered with grey granite slabs. The promenade aspect was reinforced by the planting of a second row of plane trees and new constraints were defined for signs and windows. / Bridgeman Images
TEC4594790: Avenue des Champs Elysees, Paris 8th arrondissement. It was Jean Baptiste (Jean-Baptiste) Colbert (1619-1683) who had Andre Le Notre (1613-1700) opened in 1667 an avenue starting from the Tuileries to reach a hill, today called L'Etoile. There's nothing left from that time. Only nineteenth century witnesses remain on the Champs Elysees. Bernard Huet was asked in 1994 to bring back the Champs Elysees in order to restore its prestige to the avenue: the cars were driven from the allees, an underground car park created, the floor covered with grey granite slabs. The promenade aspect was reinforced by the planting of a second row of plane trees and new constraints were defined for signs and windows. / Bridgeman Images
TEC4595116: Le PeuPalais, avenue Winston Churchill, Paris 8th arrondissement. The building, built for the 1900 Universal Exhibition, architect Charles Girault (1851-1932), today houses the Musee des Beaux Arts of the City of Paris, which includes many works from antiquite to the 19th century. / Bridgeman Images