ITR4554090: The Virgin of the 14th century placed at the entrance of the choir of Notre-Dame, known as the Virgin of Saint-Aignan or Our Lady of the Pillar, was originally located in the chapel of Saint-Aignan and replaced the statue of the trumeau of the portal of the Virgin (north facade) after its destruction in 1793. Viollet-le-Duc then installed it at its present location in 1855 at the time of the extensive restoration campaign of Notre-Dame. It was at his feet that Paul Claudel converted to Christmas 1886. Cathedrale Notre Dame de Paris - Paris 4 - XIIIth, XIIIth, XIXth, rehabilitation by Viollet-le-Duc - / Bridgeman Images
LBY4546943: Salle des Imprimes de la bibliotheque Richelieu, Bibliotheque nationale, Palais Mazarin, 58 rue de Richelieu, Paris 2nd arrondissement. It was Napoleon III who entrusted Henri Labrouste with the reconstruction of the imperiale library, which the increase in collections made indispensable... We no longer knew where to put the books From 43,000 books in 1688, we had gone up to 800,000 books in 1851. Since 1996, the national bibliotheque de rue Richelieu has merged with the Bibliotheque nationale de France-Tolbiac. Construction between 1859 and 1867 / Bridgeman Images